A holiday favorite! We recommend using Zelda's or Apple Hill Farm jams or jellies for the filling.
- 1 mixing spoon
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 baking sheet
- 1/2 c. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 c. butter softened
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Mix together 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar and 1 cup softened butter.
- Add 2 tsp. pure vanilla, blend in 2 cups flour & 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix thoroughly but do not over beat.
- Roll into small balls about 3/4″ to 1″ in diameter. Place balls about 1″ apart on baking sheet.
- Make a depression in the center of each ball by pressing down gently with your thumb or spoon.
- Fill depression with a teaspoon of your favorite marmalade.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on your counter not on a cookie rack. May be dusted with confectioners’ sugar.
Recipe from Mountainbrook of Vermont.