- Mix together 5 oz. Old English Cheese Spread, 1 stick margarine, and 6 oz. of Miller White Crab Meat, 1and 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt.
- Spread the mixture on 12 English muffin halves.
- Place on a baking sheet and freeze slightly before cutting each muffin half into 8 wedges.
- Place back in freezer until frozen, then seal in a plastic bag or container in freezer.
- Just before serving, place frozen Crabbies under broiler for 5 minutes.
Recipe from Alyssa Salmon. Alyssa started a tradition with our family of having these delicious “crabbie” appetizers for Thanksgiving and Christmas but they are good all year round.
Classic Crab Salad
- Blend lemon juice, onion tops, and Tabasco sauce into mayonnaise.
- Gently fold in the crab meat.
- Serve with Vt. Common Crackers or toast rounds as an appetizer, on on lettuce leaves or avocado halves for a luncheon entrée.
Recipe from Miller’s Select.
Quick Crab Rarebit
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cups milk
8 slices crisp hot toast
3 cups grated Harman’s Really-Aged Cheddar Cheese
2 cans Miller’s Select Lump Crabmeat
- Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in flour, mustard, & Worcestershire sauce.
- Gradually and slowly stir in milk, stirring smooth after each addition.
- Cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened and smooth. Add Cheddar and stir until melted in.
- Stir in crabmeat and heat until piping hot.
- Serve with triangles of hot, crisp toast.