Maxine’s Cheese Balls Recipe
- Cream 1 cup (about 1/4 pound) of grated Harman’s Really-Aged Cheddar with 1/2 cup butter or margarine.
- Mix in 1 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, and 1 cup of Rice Krispies©.
- Shape into marble-sized balls and ungreased baking sheet at 350º for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- If you don’t want to individually roll marble-sized cheese balls, try the following: Roll out little logs, and then slice the logs into 1/4 inch discs. (key word is little – circumference and length of the log).
- Store the Cheese Balls in a closed container in your refrigerator.
Gert Argersinger, our holiday typist in the 70s and 80s was the first to make Cheese Balls for Harman’s. She made them once or twice a week for several years and we had several bakers after her. Now, we keep the recipe right by the cash register to give out to folks and printed it in the brochure that goes out in all our packages.