Harman's Best Macaroni and Cheese
Makes 6-8 servings
- 2 qt Casserole dish oven safe to 350 F
- 1 large pot for boiling macaroni
- 8 oz macaroni
- 3 whole eggs
- 1.5 c Harman's Really Aged Cheddar grated or chopped fine
- 1.5 c whole milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce your preferred variety
- Cook 8 oz. package of macaroni in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain macaroni and put in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In another dish, beat 3 eggs and add 1 and 1/2 cups Harman’s Really-Aged Cheddar.
- Mix Cheddar mixture with 1 and 1/2 cups milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, and a dash of hot pepper sauce
- Pour mixture over macaroni.
- Place casserole dish in a shallow pan of hot water one-inch deep.
- Bake in slow (325º) oven for 40-45 minutes.
Recipe from John Harman’s collection.